2. Vertical Blinds
Recess Or Face Fix ?
1) First please check that the blind will fit inside (recess) the window.
2) The depth of the window should be a minimum of 90mm (for 127mm blinds) and 70mm (for 90mm blinds).
3) Check for any obstructions inside the window that might affect the movement of the blind. E.g. burglar bars, handles and even windows sills.
For a Recess Mount (To fit on the inside of the window)
1) Width: Measure from left to right, at the top of the window, where the track will fit and record the measurement after deducting 10mm for clearance.
2) Height: Measure the height of the window on the left, centre and right hand side and record the shortest measurement after deducting 10mm for clearance.
3) Record the shortest measurement for clearance.
NB: You need to ensure that you take the 10mm deduction for clearance. Blinds Online will NOT make the deduction for you.
For a Face Fix Mount (To fit on the outside of the window)
1) Width: Measure the width of the window and add 300mm – (150 each side) and record the measurement.
2) Height: Measure the drop of the window and add 100mm (to avoid drilling into the lintel) and 100mm to clear the bottom of the sill and record the measurement.
3) If the blind goes to the floor, deduct 20mm off the drop for carpet floors and 10mm for tiled floors.
NB: Blinds Online takes NO deductions on outside-mount installations.